Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 25 February 2018

Waxwing on my doorstep.

There's something about the Waxwing that has that Wow factor for me. So when one was reported just 15 minutes away from my front door, I couldn't not go and see it. I usually see them in larger flocks, but this was a single bird that had been around for a few days and had a ready supply of berries on hand.
It was a cold grey day, and the sky was typical of many that are the background of my Waxwing pictures. Thankfully the bird itself does enough to brighten up even the dullest shots.
Only gripe I have is that it stayed in between the branches of this tree and it was difficult to get a clean shot of it. Shouldn't really complain. The bird was happy enough, I was happy to add it to my year list and delighted to catch up with one again.








16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bird - lovely markings.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/02/preparing-for-next-exhibit.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful bird with striking colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The markings are so distinctive - I would certainly remember if I had seen one of these! They're lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/02/preparing-for-next-exhibit.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a nice spot, unfortunately very few made it to Ireland this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Adam, the Waxwings are beautiful. Lovely series of photos. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of the Waxwing!
    I have seen them here, but not often - rarely would be a better description

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are challenging to shoot, Adam. A flock of them comes through here about once a year and I always delight in seeing them. A 'wow' factor, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very strange for it to be all alone...they usually travel in hundreds in their huge flocks...I have waxwings on my blog today as well....lucky you to get so close and for it to be sitting so still. I hope it is not wounded or sick... it still looks beautiful so hopefully he is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bird! And I have never seen this bird before.
    I would be happy also to spot and photograph Waxwing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They would be a wow for me too....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have such gorgeous colors against the grey...yes, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did well between the twigs. I heard one the other day but couldn't sight it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning pics of the waxwing. Love seeing his markings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, the Waxwings are beautiful. They have pretty colors and markings. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean - I always think 'glamour' when I see a picture of a Waxwing - I think it is something about the evenness and sheen of its plumage that does it. A get-up worthy of the American Oscars!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.