Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Fulmar

I came across these lovely birds whilst walking along the beach in Hunstanton. I believe they nest along the cliffs here, but I'd never timed a visit that coincided with them being around. So I was fortunate enough this time to see a few pairs soaring on the up draughts of the cliffs.
They fly with stiff wings that look as though they can't be bothered to moved. Unlike the lolloping wing beat of a gull for example.
This pair caught my attention by the noise they were making, otherwise I would have walked straight past them. A nice bird to see around our coast and something a bit different.


Seemed to be having a nice chat with each other.

I left them to it as I was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable.

9 comments:

  1. They are very nice looking birds. That 2nd shot does appear as if they are talking to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go a long time without seeing Fulmars. Like you say Adam they are something quite different and good to see. Really good pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favourites. Sadly I only see them when I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shots! They are neat-looking birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birds. I love the flight shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sight and photos. These are stunning birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent images of these Fulmars. I love all your photos as always, but I think the one where they're 'chatting' is best of all.

    And, thanks for sharing the link today at I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very cool with their unique beaks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such nice shots! They have interesting beaks.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.