Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 12 May 2012

Greenshank

My apologies for these three very poor shots, but they have to be shared due to the nature of the bird.
Having told my wife I will just be popping to Woodford for a few minutes, just so I could convince myself that there was nothing of any note around, I stopped the car and saw a large wader on the opposite side of the pool. My initial thought was, that's a very big Common Sandpiper. But I knew it wasn't a Sandpiper, it was Redshank size. I'd left my scope at home, but I really needed it to be sure it was a Greenshank. I made a call to someone I knew would know, and just from a brief description over the phone John was onto it straight away. Ten minutes or so later, he confirmed instantly after stepping out of his car. A Greenshank in Stockport!!! Fortunately quite a few people were able to get along to see it, and with better views than these shots. What a corker?




1 comment:

  1. Oh yes and its on my patch list now - it was indded a good find Adam.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.