Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday, 25 July 2026

Bempton Cliffs

I always look forward to a visit to RSPB Bempton, on the East Yorkshire coast. It's a chance to get up close to our sea birds in their nesting habitat, and not looking at some floating dots in the distance. It's even better when the weather is good, and it was another hot one. The birds didn't disappoint either, with hundreds and thousands of Gannets, Guillemots, Razorbills, Kittiwakes, Fulmars and Puffins all within touching distance as they went about their business of raising their young on the cliffs. The sights, sounds and smells are a real privilege to witness. I recommend it to anyone who has an interest in wildlife and even those who don't.

You can see highlights of my trip here:

Fulmar


Gannet





Kittiwake

Puffins

Razorbills


15 comments:

  1. Hello Adam,
    I would love to visit this place, to see the Puffin, Gannets and the Razorbills.
    Your photos and video are awesome. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam,
    Great series of photos and video of the Northern Gannets and the puffins.
    Photo 5 is my favorite.
    I wish you a nice weekend.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I would love to see Puffins in person, perhaps some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adam, what a wonderful post. I love such a birds. I think the Bempton Cliffs are difficult to walk. Nice video. Have a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The razorbills are so unique and beautiful. Of course getting such great in flight photos is amazing. And a young one....so precious! Very special post this week! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous place that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are very beautiful. The puffins looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have photographed some lovely birds. Visiting from Saturday's Critters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adam, I really adored these photos so much! Thanks for your nice comment. Now to check out your video Aloha friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thankyou for taking me down to the seaside today. Wonderful images. Thankyou. Have a great week ahead and thankyou for visiting my blog this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Adam :)
    A fabulous place to see sea birds nesting on the cliffs. Your closeups and in flight captures of the birds, especially of the Kittiwake are very special. Lovely to see the young bird with the adult., and I enjoyed your video too.
    Have a nice weekend
    All the best
    Sonjia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do envy your outing to the Cliffs! Thanks for sharing these beautiful images. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your film. The birds are so chatty. I wonder what they are saying. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.